Cornwall Safeguarding in Sport Seminar 2019
Come and join us for our annual Cornwall Safeguarding in Sport Seminar 2019.
- Thursday 14th November 2019
- Cornwall FA Office, Bodmin
- 9.30am - 3.00pm
Agenda for the day:
- 9.30am Arrival, Teas and Coffees
- 9.40am Welcome and Introduction - Tim Marrion, Active Cornwall
- DBS Checks in Sport
- Sports Parents Promise
- Position of Trust for Sports Coaches
9.50am Kevin Murphy - NWG Network, CSE Response Unit Safeguarding in
- Role of the CSE Response Unit
- Advice and guidance regarding child exploitation and raising
the profile and understanding of what exploitation in sport is
and how to either recognise it or report it.
- 11.00am Annabel Timmins - Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Update on the Role of the LADO
- Local to national trends
- Safeguarding HR and Safer Recruitment
- 'Your Safeguarding Goals'
- 12.00noon Steve Rowell, Preventing Extremism/Terrorism Lead Cornwall & Serious Organised Crime Operational Lead Cornwall
- Prevent - Recognising and Reporting Radicalisation in Sport.
- 12.30pm Lunch and Networking - A light lunch will be provided
- 1.15pm Making Your Organisation Safer - Annabel Timmins
- Case Scenarios - consider poor practice and how this might
progress to safeguarding
- 2.30pm Q & A
- 3pm Close
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org