Active Cornwall - Cornwall Physical Education, School Sport & Physical Activity (PS,SS&PA) Advisor
This overview outlines the aspirations for Active Cornwall to second a Cornwall wide PE,SS&PA
Advisor in partnership with the counties PE,SS&PA Strategic Alliance to add additional capacity to support schools with PE,SS and wider PA delivery.
Time: Average 1 day a week minimum
Duration: Initially a 12-month contract not including school holidays
Start: Monday 19th April 2021 if possible or agreed with current employer
Remuneration: 39 weeks in an Academic Year, 1 day a week @ £250 per day = £9,750
Candidate: Current teacher with substantial experience of delivering PE,SS&PA and working at a senior/strategic level.
Role (as part of a team that implements and delivers the following elements):
- Provide reliable, professional, sustainable and relevant support services for primary and secondary schools in Cornwall.
- Influence the design and delivery of physical activity in education settings by building on key relationships, so every child and young person has a great experience and a broad choice.
- Raise awareness of physical education's contribution to public health and well-being.
- Establish and communicate an annual programme of continual professional development for teachers in Cornwall relating to PE,SS & PA.
- Establish physical education as central in the school landscape, contributing to whole-school outcomes and improvement.
- Support the development and integration of Time2Move the PE,SS&PA Framework for Cornwall and the Counties PE,SS&PA Strategic Alliance increasing levels of physical literacy focusing on enjoyment.
- Collaborative working with all stakeholders including School Sport Networks, Cornwall Council, The Association of Physical Education, Youth Sport Trust and the SE Initial Teacher Training project.
- To test and learn different approaches to delivery of PE,SS&PA to increase levels of sustained activity in children and young people (CYP).
- Celebrate the impact of safe, inclusive & high-quality physical education on all CYP.
- To carry out additional roles relevant to the level of the post and development of PE,SS&PA in Cornwall including supporting Active Cornwall to land interventions within education.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your suitability to the role requirements above and confirmation that you will be released for a minimum a day a week from your current employer.
Deadline for applications: Friday 19th March 2021
Interview (via Microsoft Teams): Week beginning Monday 22nd or 29th March 2021
For an informal conversation or more details about this role please contact Tim Marrion on Tim.Marrion@cornwall.gov.uk or mobile 07973 497454.