Competition Terms and Conditions
Active Travel - Be within a chance to win 10 Microscooters for your school.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions organised by Active Cornwall.
2. By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way ("competition information"). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. Active Cornwall may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
1. The competition is open to all schools of Cornwall, England. There is no minimum age limit unless specified otherwise in the competition information. However, entrants under the age of 18 must insert contact details of a parent or guardian when entering. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
- Active Cornwall
- Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
- Any company involved in any capacity in the sponsorship of a competition or competition prize.
2. Where an entrant requires the details of his/her parent/guardian to be entered onto the entry forms, Incisive Media may ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
3. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
4. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and Active Cornwall's use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
5. Any limit on the number of entries a school may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
6. Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Not all of the following methods of entry may be available for entry to each competition. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information.
(b) Web entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details.
(c) Email entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition.
(d) Entry via Social Network Sites
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, Social Network Site entrants may enter the competition by responding with the information indicated in the competition details by posting their answer within their comment. There is no charge for such entries.
7. Neither Active Cornwall nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Active Cornwall or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
8. Entrants may enter as many times as they like unless otherwise indicated in the competition information but no more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded.
9. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Active Cornwall will be void.
10. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Active Cornwall shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Active Cornwall will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Active Cornwall decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Active Cornwall reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender's part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
1. The prize is as specified in the competition information.
2. Where the winner is required to speak for the purposes of a film or video production they must appear to be able to communicate clearly and appropriately for the production in question. Active Cornwall reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that these requirements are not met.
3. The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries, the draw for the winner will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
4. Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged by Active Cornwall or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition's promoters and intermediaries.
5. Active Cornwall will attempt to notify the winner within 28 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Active Cornwall shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number or email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Active Cornwall is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Active Cornwall reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
7. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Active Cornwall's determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at Active Cornwall's sole discretion.
8. Active Cornwall reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Active Cornwall that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
9. Active Cornwall reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
10. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Active Cornwall reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
11. In relation to all competitions, the school name of the winner may be published by Active Cornwall and entrants grant to Active Cornwall a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
1. Active Cornwall (or any third party nominated by Active Cornwall) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner's (and (if applicable) their companion's) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
2. Information, data ("personal data") which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Active Cornwall and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition.
3. By submitting their personal details, the entrant agrees to Active Cornwall processing those details in accordance with the purposes made known the entrant at the time of collection.
4. Active Cornwall shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
1. Active Cornwall cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
1. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Active Cornwall shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Active Cornwall reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Active Cornwall including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
2. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
3. The promoter of the competition is Active Cornwall, Inny Building, Old County Hall Site, Station Road, Truro, TR1 3HA
4. These terms and conditions were last updated on 10 March 2020.